The primary accountability for the role is accurate execution of all required accounting and financial activities. This includes:
- Oversight and maintenance of all financial and operational controls and metrics within the organization, including appropriate internal controls and safeguards.
- Detailed daily transactions and activities – execute and oversee staff to execute accurate operations transactions (including order entry, inventory and work center charges), customer invoicing, payables, receivables, journal entries, and account reconciliations within the Syteline ERP business system.
- Cash management – maintain the detailed cash flow plan and forecast, including a reliable cash flow projection process and maintenance of a minimum operating cash threshold position; oversee the cash collections, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and banking transactions; ensure that spending is prudently managed and reported within the executive team.
- Financial Statements – prepare and publish Income, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements (monthly, quarterly, yearly); provide analysis of the results compared to budgets/targets and provide recommendations and solutions for improved business performance.
- Budgeting process – direct, collate, and prepare the quarterly and annual budgets; provide periodical reports of actual vs. budget performance.
- Long-range strategic planning – direct, develop and publish the annual strategic business plan process; monitor industry and economic trends and provide recommendations for action.
- Serve as the Company representative with external auditors, banks, government authorities, etc.
- Supervise the Accounting/Finance team members.
The position will also provide oversight of IT contractors. This primarily requires directing the external IT contractor and providing guidance and oversight of their performance.
Lastly, the person in this role will provide oversight and accurate execution of all payroll activities.
GENERAL EXPECTED PERFORMANCE FACTORS
- Value and Ethics - Leads with integrity and demands compliance with laws and regulations affecting our business and exhibits The Reserve Group and Forged Product values of respect, honesty, and teamwork
- Bias for Action - sense of urgent execution to seize opportunities and reach goals.
- Committed to Reliable Processes - believes defects and injuries can be prevented.
- Business & Strategy Acumen - Willing to adopt new concepts, has an aptitude for business and can distinguish between strategy and tactics. Is objective.
- Commitment - delivers on commitment while demonstrating ownership with a can-do attitude.
- Customer Focus - Works to create and maintain strong customer relationships and considers their needs when establishing objectives and metrics.
- Employee Development & Teamwork - Establishes a constructive work climate that empowers subordinates to meet stretch objectives. Has empathy for needs of peers.
- Innovation & Continuous Improvement - demonstrates an understanding of the role of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Vision & Purpose - Creates and communicates a compelling vision that is optimistic and aligns the organizational goals with the individuals.
BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Eight plus years of progressively responsible relevant experience
- Significant experience in Accounting/Finance in a manufacturing organization is required
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance