Our client is a Software Development and Consulting company and a Gold Microsoft Partner. By utilizing our expertise and years of experience in strategic planning and innovative software technologies, our team of certified experts help clients gain efficiency, reduce operational costs, and enable digital transformation.
We are looking to add a Sr. Power BI Developer to join our growing team. This role will partner with our valued clients to help guide them in meeting their project requirements, implementing robust BI solutions using Power BI.
The ideal candidate has a strong background and at least 5 years of hands-on experience in BI, Power BI. Data Modeling and SQL Development skills highly preferred.
5 years+ of hands-on, industry experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and Data Analytics and Reporting, including proficiency in:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and report visualizations in the Power BI Service.
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Expertise in using advance level calculations on the data set.
- Ability to create visualizations and drill down scenarios through analysis of the data and publish reports and dashboards using Power BI Service for sharing and collaboration.
- Utilize best practices to design, develop, and support Power BI visualizations.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence.
- Complete understanding of the software development life cycle including requirements analysis and design, including agile/scrum approach.
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Strong understanding of Data Management and Data Warehouses/Data Marts, Cubes, Reporting Technologies, and ETL.
- Migration experience of SQL database on-prem to SQL Azure is highly preferred
- Program and develop SQL scripts, tables, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers, constraints, etc.
- Design, development, documentation of ETL processes and SSIS packages
- Working with APIs to pull data from real-time feeds for content, analytics, statistics, to feed into a data warehouse infrastructure
- Work in a complex environment which includes Database, Job Scheduling, Automation, and Performance Tools
- Microsoft certification is a PLUS
Required Soft Skills:
- Self-starter with desire and ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills and teamwork attitude
- Establishes a strong working relationship with clients and team members
- Values clients and strives to help and respond to their business needs
- Flexibility in day to day work
- Applies feedback received and strives to improve performance
Perks & Benefits
- Health/Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA
- 4 Weeks of PTO
- Half-day Fridays
- Strong focus and opportunities for training, certification, and professional growth and development
- Work From Home Option
- Collaborative and fast paced work environment with the opportunity to rapidly learn new technologies and work with clients in various industries